Mock draft: Round 2
Following up with my first-round mock draft, it's time to take a look at the second round.
Keep in mind, there will be different teams in certain slots due to the trades I predicted in the first round. We also start off Round 2 with another trade.
Washington now owns the top slot in this projection after making a deal with the Patriots. The move from 41 to 33, cost the Redskins 110 points on the trade chart. Since the Redskins don't have another pick until 144, they send next year's third-round pick to New England.
The deal allows the Redskins to get their quarterback of the future, but look at New England in this mock draft. They draft Anthony Castonzo, Muhammad Wilkerson, Danny Watkins and Ryan Williams. They also pick up an additional second and third next year, and still have five picks left in the 2011 draft.
33. * Washington Redskins, Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada
34. ** New Orleans Saints, Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
35. *** New England Patriots, Muhammad Wilkerson, DT, Temple
36. Denver Broncos, Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
37. Cleveland Browns, Martez Wilson, ILB, Illinois
38. Arizona Cardinals, Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State
39. **** New York Jets, Justin Houston, OLB, Georgia
40. Dallas Cowboys, Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia
41. * New England Patriots, Danny Watkins, G, Baylor
42. Houston Texans, Davon House, CB, New Mexico State
43. Minnesota Vikings, Andy Dalton, QB, TCU
44. Detroit Lions, Curtis Brown, CB, Texas
45. San Francisco 49ers, Phil Taylor, NT, Baylor
Latest mocks all in one place
Our writers and analysts examine how the first round could unfold. Find out the direction each team is projected to take when they're on the clock in
Mock Draft Central
46. Denver Broncos, Rahim Moore, S, UCLA
47. St. Louis Rams, Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami (Fla.)
48. Oakland Raiders, Rodney Hudson, G/C, Florida State
49. Jacksonville Jaguars, Randall Cobb, WR, Kentucky
50. San Diego Chargers, Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh
51. Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Jabaal Sheard, DE, Pittsburgh
52. New York Giants, Bruce Carter, OLB, North Carolina
53. Indianapolis Colts, Stefen Wisniewski, C, Penn State
54. Philadelphia Eagles, Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State
55. Kansas City Chiefs, Jerrel Jernigan, WR, Troy
56. New Orleans Saints, Mikel Leshoure, RB, Illinois
57. Seattle Seahawks, Orlando Franklin, OT, Miami (Fla.)
58. Baltimore Ravens, Edmond Gates, WR, Abilene Christian
59. Atlanta Falcons, Luke Stocker, TE, Tennessee
60. New England Patriots, Ryan Williams, RB, Virginia Tech
61. San Diego Chargers, Christian Ballard, DE, Iowa
62. Chicago Bears, Sam Acho, LB, Texas
63. Pittsburgh Steelers, James Carpenter, OT, Alabama
64. Green Bay Packers, Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona
* Projected trade between the Patriots and Redskins. New England sends the 33rd pick to Washington for the 41st and a 2012 third-round choice.
** Projected trade between the Bills and Saints. Buffalo receives the 24th overall pick and New Orleans gets four choices (34, 100, 122 and 133).
*** Projected trade between the Bengals and Patriots. Cincinnati trades up to 28 and New England slides down to 35 and also gets a second-round pick next year.
**** Projected trade between the Jets and Titans. Tennessee moves up to 30 in exchange for its second-round pick (No. 39) as well as the 109 and 142 overall selections.