New England Patriots  

 

Patriots OL Kaczur won't take salary cut, report says

  • By NFL.com
More Columns >

New England offensive lineman Nick Kaczur, a five-year starter who missed last season with a back injury, could be on his way out of Foxborough after declining the Patriots' request he take a massive pay cut, the Boston Herald reported Sunday.

Kaczur, who had been the team's starter at right tackle, was expected to move to left guard last season, but he was hurt early in preseason workouts, reportedly underwent back surgery in late August and was placed on injured reserve in October to clear roster space so the Patriots could acquire wide receiver Deion Branch from the Seattle Seahawks.

The seventh-year veteran, 31, is slated to be paid $3.4 million in 2011, and he turned down the Patriots when they asked him to take less, the Herald reported, citing a source close to the situation. Asked if the Patriots might cut Kaczur rather than pay the salary, the source told the newspaper: "They're going to have to."

Kaczur, if healthy, likely will be a starter in the NFL next season, but the Patriots favor Logan Mankins and Dan Connolly at guards and Sebastian Vollmer at right tackle.

Headlines

The previous element was an advertisement.

NFL Shop

NFL News
CONTENT
15