Updated: September 3, 2013
The Website is operated by NFL Enterprises LLC on behalf of the National Football League and the other members of the NFL Family (as described in Section 4 below) ("we", "our", or "us"). We have contracted with third parties, including, without limitation, NeuLion, Inc., to operate certain aspects of the Site on our behalf, such as the following subscription products: Audio Pass, Game Pass, Game Rewind and Red Zone (collectively, the "Subscription Products").
NFL Enterprises LLC complies with the U.S. - E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S. - Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. NFL Enterprises LLC adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view NFL Enterprises LLC's certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
- Types Of Information That May Be Collected
- How Information May Be Collected
- How We Use The Information Collected
- With Whom The Information May Be Shared
- Links To Other Websites
- Data Retention
- Chat Rooms, Forums, and Message Boards
- A Special Note For Parents Concerning Privacy
- Correcting/updating personal information
- Your California Privacy Rights
1. TYPES OF INFORMATION THAT MAY BE COLLECTED
The following are the types of information we may collect:
Information You Provide Us
In the course of using the Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain information, including contact information, such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, or fax number; unique identifiers, such as your user ID, or user password; demographic information, such as your date of birth or age; and financial information, such as your credit card number or similar information.
Website Usage Information
We may receive and store certain types of internet usage information whenever you visit the Website, such as your click-stream data and your IP address. See "IP Addresses and Click Stream Data" section below.
When you open emails from us, we may receive a confirmation notifying us that you opened the email, if your computer supports such capabilities. We also may keep track of what emails we send you and what emails you may be receiving from our subsidiaries and affiliates. Additionally, we keep a record of what communications you have selected to receive or not to receive. If you would like to opt-out of receiving such emails, please click on the "unsubscribe" link in the email and follow the instructions.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive information about you (e.g., missing street number) from other sources and add it to your personal information.
2. HOW INFORMATION MAY BE COLLECTED
We may collect information from you in several different areas on the Website, including but not limited to those described below:
You may be asked to complete a registration form and provide personally identifiable information; you may also be asked to choose a user ID and password in order to take advantage of certain features the Website may choose to offer, such as newsletters or contests. Your decision to register is voluntary and you will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to disclose information to us and what communications you would like to receive; however, please be advised that many products and services available on the Website require registration and if you elect not to provide such information, you will not be able to take advantage of those products and services.
Contests or Sweepstakes
We periodically operate contests and sweepstakes through the Website that will require registration or the submission of personal information. Your personally identifiable information may be used to contact you for winner notification, prize delivery confirmation or other related purposes (see the rules of each contest for details about how your personal information will be used, including postings to the Website).
Surveys or Voting
From time-to-time we may request personally identifiable information from you in conjunction with a survey or voting poll. Participation is voluntary, and you will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to disclose information to the Website. At times, you may have to register to vote or to take part in a survey.
When you register to play games on our Website, you may be asked to provide personally identifiable information.
We use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences such as volume control or display content based upon what you view on our site to personalize your visit. Third Parties, with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity, use Flash cookies to collect and store information.
Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies please visit http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html#117118.
Web Beacons and Other Tracking Technology
The Website uses a variety of technical methods for tracking purposes, including Web beacons. Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in images on the pages of websites. We also use these technical methods to analyze the traffic patterns on the Website, such as the frequency with which our users visit various parts of the Website. These technical methods may involve the transmission of information either directly to us or to another party authorized by us to collect information on our behalf. We also use these technical methods in HTML emails that we send to determine whether the recipients have opened those emails and/or clicked on links in those emails. The information from use of these technical methods may be collected in a form that is personally identifiable.
IP Addresses and Click-Stream Data
We may collect IP addresses and/or click-stream data. An IP address is a number associated with the service through which you access the Internet, like your ISP (Internet service provider), your company, or your university. Standing alone, your IP address is not personally identifiable. At times, we also use IP addresses for purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers and sponsors, for example regarding the frequency with which our guests visit various parts of the Website. We may combine this information with personally identifiable information we obtain from you directly on the Website or any other of our other websites, or from third parties.
Click-stream data is information collected by our computers when you request pages from the Website. Click-stream data may include such information as the page served, the time, the source of the request, the type of browser making the request, the preceding page view and other such non-personal information. When analyzed, this data helps us analyze how visitors arrive at the Website, what type of content is most popular, what type of visitors in the aggregate are interested in particular kinds of content and advertising, and the like.
3. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We own the information collected on or through the Website. As applicable, the information you provide to us may be used to:
- contact you about the Website;
- provide you with services or information you have requested or products or services you have ordered, such as subscription plans or other products and services
- contact you relating to your membership status;
- confirm or fulfill an order you have made;
- inform you of a prize you may have won;
- monitor or improve the use of the Website;
- customize the advertising and content you see;
- monitor compliance with our terms and conditions of use of the Website; and
- send you promotional material or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties.
4. WITH WHOM THE INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED
At times, as described below, we may share your personal information with others for various purposes:
- Agents: We employ other businesses (e.g., NeuLion, Inc.), certain services and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, providing the Subscription Products, sending email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, Website analysis, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They may have access to personally identifiable information needed to perform their functions, but may not use or disclose it for other purposes, like sending you marketing offers about their products.
- Aggregate Information: We may share aggregate information, such as demographics and Website usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors or other organizations. When this type of information is shared, the other parties do not have access to your personally identifiable information.
- Third-Party Ad Serving and Audience and Traffic Measurement Services: We may use a third-party network advertiser to serve the advertisements on the Website or may use a traffic measurement service to analyze the traffic on the Website. Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements based on your visits to this Website and other websites you have visited. Third-party ad serving enables us to target advertisements to you for products or websites you might be interested in. Audience and Traffic Measurement Services allow us to collect anonymous traffic and behavior information from the Website by monitoring anonymous visitor activity. Although advertisers or other companies do not have access to the Website cookies, the Website's advertisers, sponsors and/or traffic measurement services may themselves set and access their own cookies on your computer if you choose to have your cookies enabled in your browser. Cookies allow third-party advertisers to show you advertisements or content you might be interested in. Note that any images (or any other parts of a web page) served by third parties in association with third-party cookies may serve as web beacons, which enable third parties to carry out the previously described activities. Other companies' uses of their cookies are subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp in order to learn more about the information collection practices and "opt-out" procedures of third-party ad servers we may use.
- Business Transfers: In the event that all or substantially all of our assets are sold or transferred to another party, or another transaction occurs in which your personally identifiable information is one of the business assets transferred, all personally identifiable information that has been collected and saved may be one of the business assets we transfer. You will be notified of such a transfer in accordance with the "Changes to the Policy" section below.
- E-mail Deployment: We may share email activity data with our agents to help such agents better target email deployments sent on behalf of us and such agent's other clients. While such third party may have access to your email addresses and email activity, and may share bulk/non-specific activity data with third parties, no email addresses or specific email activity will be shared. If you wish to opt out of this sharing, please opt-out of receiving emails from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link in the email and following the instructions.
- Administrative or Legal Process: We or others may disclose your personal information to third parties without notice to you in order to comply with applicable law, law enforcement agencies, to protect our or third parties' rights, or to protect the rights of other users of the Website.
5. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Website incorporates reasonable safeguards to protect the security, integrity, completeness, accuracy and privacy of the personal information that we may collect and we have put into place reasonable precautions to protect such information from loss, misuse and alteration. Your personally identifiable information is transferred to our computers utilizing encryption software. Only those employees who need access to your information in order to do their jobs are allowed access. Our security policies are reviewed periodically and revised as required.
7. DATA RETENTION
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at NFLPrivacy@nfl.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
8. CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS, AND MESSAGE BOARDS
The Website and the NFL Mobile application ("NFL Mobile") may make chat rooms, forums, commenting and message boards available to you and other users. You are not required to provide any personal information when using these areas but you may choose to do so. If you post personal information online, it will be publicly available and you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties. In addition, when you post a comment to NFL Mobile, the user name with which you registered for the Website and your current location will be made publicly available on the Website and through NFL Mobile. By using the commenting features of the Website and NFL Mobile, you acknowledge that your user name and location information will be disclosed. We cannot ensure the security of any information you choose to make public in a chat room, forum, or message board. Also, we cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect your privacy. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these areas. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at NFLPrivacy@nfl.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
9. A SPECIAL NOTE FOR PARENTS CONCERNING PRIVACY
The Internet offers children wonderful educational and entertainment resources. Your guidance and involvement are essential to help ensure that children have a safe and rewarding online experience. We encourage you to visit the Direct Marketing Association's website at http://www.the-dma.org and explore the Get CyberSavvy! Program as well as the GetNetWise website www.getnetwise.org to learn more about parental control tools.
11. CORRECTING/UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If your personally identifiable information changes (such as your email address or zip code), or if you no longer desire to have access to the Website, we will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update or remove the personal data you have provided to us. You may request that we do so by emailing us at NFLPrivacy@nfl.com, signing into your online account and making the desired changes, or via mail at: NFL.com user information, 345 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10154. We will respond to your request within 20 business days.
12. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of the National Football League who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to CAPrivacyRights@nfl.com or write us at CA Privacy Rights, NFL Digital Media Group, 345 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10154.
NFL Digital Media Group
345 Park Avenue, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10154