NFL.com Fantasy 2012
NO PURCHASE OR PARTICIPATION IN NFL.COM FANTASY 2012 GAME NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
The Fantasy Draft Week Sweepstakes (hereafter, “Sweepstakes”) is open legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, excluding California, twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of the date of registration. Employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of NFL Properties LLC (hereafter, “Sponsor”), the NFL Parties (defined as NFL Properties LLC, the National Football League, its member professional football clubs, NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Ventures, L.P., NFL Enterprises LLC, NFL International LLC, NFL Productions LLC and each of their respective affiliates, owners, subsidiaries, shareholders, officers, directors, partners, agents, representatives and employees, both individually and collectively) and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, wholesalers, retailers, distributors, suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies (hereafter collectively, “Released Parties”) and each such individual’s immediate family members (mother, father, sister, brother, child, husband, wife and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate or win. Void in California and where prohibited by law. All applicable federal, state and local laws apply.
Two Ways To Enter:
1. OnlineTo receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes, register to participate in the NFL.com Fantasy 2012 game between 12:00:00am (midnight) ET on 7/25/12 and 11:59:59 pm ET on 8/3/12 (hereafter, “Promotion Period”) as follows:
A. Become a Registered User: For purposes of these Official Rules, "Registered User" means a person who has successfully completed the registration form and has obtained a User Identification ("User ID") and associated password ("Password") on NFL.com. If you are not already a Registered User, you may become one by visiting www.nfl.com/fantasy during the Promotion Period, click on the “Register” link and complete and submit the registration form to obtain a User ID and Password from NFL.com. Registration is free. Then;
B.Once you are a Registered User, visit www.nfl.com/fantasy during the Promotion Period and submit your User ID and Password and follow the prompts to create a new League in the NFL.com Fantasy 2012 game and fill between four (4) and twenty (20) League spots with friends or family members. Upon completing the League roster, you (as the “League Manager”) will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. All League Managers in the NFL.com Fantasy 2012 game prior to the start of the Promotion Period who are eligible per the eligibility requirements above will each automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes at of the start of the Promotion Period. Actual game play in NFL.com Fantasy 2012 game is not required in order to receive the entry; OR
2. Mail-In: To receive one (1) entry without setting up a League or participating in the NFL.com Fantasy 2012 game: During the Promotion Period, neatly hand-print or type your complete name, address, city, state, zip code, date of birth, daytime telephone number (including area code), email address (optional) on a plain 3” x 5” piece of paper and mail in an envelope with proper postage for receipt by 8/10/12 to: Fantasy Draft Week Sweepstakes Entry, PO Box 16178, Bridgeport, CT 06673-6178.
All online entries must be received by 11:59:59 pm ET on 8/3/12 and all mail-in entries must be received by 8/10/12 to be eligible. Limit one (1) online entry per person using only one e-mail address will be accepted for the duration of the Promotion Period. Additional online entries received from the same person or e-mail address in excess of the stated limitation will be void. You may enter as often as you wish via mail-in, however, each entry must be mailed separately. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. The use of script, macro or automated devices (or any other devices intended to automate or subvert any aspect of entry) to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and any entry through such means and any entry that is deemed to be ineligible (at Sponsor’s sole discretion and in accordance with these Official Rules) are void. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant based on the e-mail address submitted, entry will be awarded to the person named on the applicable registration form (regardless of whether that is the name of the authorized account holder of the email address from which said registration form was submitted), provided such individual is eligible according to these Official Rules.
Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, incomplete, misdirected, delayed, garbled, inaccurate, illegible, postage due, destroyed or undelivered entries, mail or registrations, or for telephonic, human or computer failures, problems or errors, interruptions in service due to system upgrades, repairs, modifications or other causes, failures or malfunctions of connections, satellite, network, cable, Internet Service Provider (ISP), phones, phone lines or telephone systems, traffic congestion on the internet, technical or mechanical malfunctions, or other malfunctions or errors, whether caused by equipment, programming, human error or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the cancellation or postponement of the NFL.com Fantasy 2012 game, the processing of entries or the announcement of the prize; or for any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes, or for printing, typographical, human or other errors appearing in these Official Rules or other Sweepstakes-related materials. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void any entries of entrants whom Sponsor believes have attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Sweepstakes or is in violation of these Official Rules.
3. Winner Selection: The potential winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted by an independent judging organization (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) on or about 8/13/12 from among all eligible online and mail-in entries received during the Promotion Period and all eligible registrants who signed-up for NFL.com Fantasy 2012 game prior to the start of the Promotion Period. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which will be final and binding in all respects. Potential winner will be notified by telephone and/or overnight mail and/or regular mail. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible online and mail-in entries received and the number of eligible registrants who signed-up for NFL.com Fantasy 2012 game prior to the start of the Promotion Period.
4: Prize (1) Grand Prize: A three (3) day/two (2) night trip for winner and up to eleven (11) guests to New York, NY to attend the Fantasy Draft Week Party currently scheduled to take place on 8/23/12. Trip includes round trip coach air transportation from a major U.S. gateway airport nearest winner's residence in the U.S. to NY, standard room hotel accommodations (up to six (6) rooms, double occupancy) for two (2) nights and up to twelve (12) passes to the Fantasy Draft Week Party. IF selected winner participated via the Mail-In method and is NOT a League Manager in NFL.com Fantasy, winner will receive the Grand Prize as outlined above. However, IF selected winner is a League Manager in NFL.com Fantasy 2012: a) his/her guests must be League members in the NFL.com Fantasy 2012 game; b) during the Fantasy Draft Week Party on 8/23/12, winner and League member guests will have the opportunity to draft their League with NFL.com experts; and c) the balance of winner’s League members (if winner has more than eleven League members in their League) will have the opportunity to draft their League from their respective homes on 8/23/12 at the same time as the winner (League Manager) and other League member guests. Approximate Retail Value = $18,600. Actual value may vary based upon location of winner’s residence. If winner resides within a 100-mile radius of destination, ground transportation (or other form of transportation) may be provided in lieu of air transportation at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and no compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in prize value. Trip must be taken on dates designated by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited in its entirety (and Sponsor will have not further obligation to winner) and, at Sponsor's discretion, may be awarded to an alternate. Travel and accommodation restrictions and other restrictions may apply. Winner and his/her guests must travel together on same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents. All travel arrangements must be made through travel agent of Sponsor's selection on a carrier of Sponsor's choice. Released Parties are not responsible for travel delays or cancellations. In the event the party is postponed and rescheduled, the trip will be rescheduled. In the event the party is postponed and not rescheduled, no compensation or substitution for such portion of the prize will be provided; however, the remainder of prize package will be awarded and Sponsor will have no further obligation to winner. Exact location, time, date and NFL.com experts available at party are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner and guests must comply with all venue rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of such portion of the prize and removal from event. Released Parties reserve the right to remove or to deny attendance to any winner and/or guest who engages in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the game. The passes are subject to the terms and conditions specified thereon. If unused, passes cannot be returned, refunded or exchanged for cash value or substitute passes. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of a prize not specified herein as being awarded, including, but not limited to, all federal, state and local taxes, food, beverages, luggage fees, souvenirs, gratuities, and miscellaneous travel expenses are winner’s sole responsibility. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor.
5. Miscellaneous: No transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of prize (or portion thereof) is permitted except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute the prize (or applicable portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Potential winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and (where legal) Publicity Release within two (2) days of date of issuance of notification. Grand Prize winner’s guests must be legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia, twenty-one (21) years of age or older and must execute and return a Liability and (where legal) Publicity Release prior to issuance of travel documents. Non-compliance with the foregoing, with these Official Rules or return of prize notification as non-deliverable may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion and time permitting, awarding of prize to an alternate winner. Entrants agree, by entering, that 1) Sponsor and its designees may use (unless prohibited by law), entrant’s name, city and state of residence, photograph and/or likeness for advertising, trade and/or any other purposes in any media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without further compensation, permission or notification, 2) Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check and entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s permission for Sponsor to conduct such background check, provided that, to the extent additional authorization is necessary under law, entrants shall authorize such check. Sponsor reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to disqualify any entrant based on the results of the background check or failure of the entrant to properly authorize such check, and 3) the Released Parties shall have no liability and will be held harmless by entrant for any claim, action, liability, loss, injury or damage to entrant or any other person or entity, including, without limitation, personal injury or death to entrant or any other person or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize and any travel or travel-related activity thereto (including, but not limited to, attendance at the party and/or participation in a draft) or participation in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, and/or terminate this Sweepstakes (or portion thereof) for any reason, including should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes and, in the case of termination, at its discretion, select the winner from eligible non-suspect entries received prior to the event that required such termination. CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorneys’ fees) and/or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law.
6. Arbitration:Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the entrant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than entrant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
7. Choice of Law:All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of New York, USA.
8. Winner's Name: For the name of the winner (available after 9/10/12), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by 9/10/12 to: Fantasy Draft Week Sweepstakes Winner, P.O. Box 17009, Bridgeport, CT, 06673-7009.
Sponsor: NFL Properties LLC, 345 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10154.