Advanced Stats and Research
In order to provide the most enhanced research possible, NFL Fantasy Football features an advanced statistics and research tab within your My Team and Players pages. Among the data you will find is targets, touches, red zone opportunities and fantasy points against.
All of these helpful statistics are located on the Players and My Team pages by selecting the “Advanced” tab. From here you will be able to sort players based on this important data, helping you make start/sit or add/drop decisions like never before.
Targets and Touches
In fantasy football, it's not only important to determine the most productive players, but also those players who are receiving the best opportunities for production.
- Targets - the number of times a player was the intended receiver of a pass
- Touches - the number of times a player carries the football or catches the football as the intended receiver
Red Zone Opportunities
Touchdowns are the quickest way to accumulating fantasy points and players who receive the most red zone opportunities are one step ahead towards this goal. Red zone opportunities are split into three distinct, yet equally important categories:
- Red Zone Targets - the number of times a player is the intended passing target on plays that start inside the opposition’s 20 yard line
- Red Zone Touches - the number of times a player carries the football or catches the football as the intended receiver inside the opposition’s 20 yard line
- Red Zone Goal-To-Go-Plays - the number or red zone targets and touches players amass when the down iss “goal-to-go”; compared to any other distance to go, these plays most often result in touchdowns
Fantasy Points Against (FPA)
Fantasy Points Against help you understand how a specific team defense performs against certain positions on a weekly basis. This is useful in determining when to start a certain RB or who to pick up for this week's matchup. For example, the Titans defense may as a whole be one of the top ranked defenses in the NFL, but they may be more suspect against another team's rushing game. FPA data displays this clearly by noting how many fantasy points the Titans defense allows on a weekly basis to each NFL position, allowing you to better research and select the best matchups.To view our entire Advanced Stats and Research Page Click Here